Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Prep Work


Me and kiddo are leaving tomorrow to visit her grandparents in Florida. Yay for us, boo for Krishna who chose not to come. This is the first time he is going to be separated from his little love and the first time in a very long that we will be separated from each other. I haven't had much time to think about it though because I have been busy.

I've been preparing meals for him, making lists, and talking with him about what I can't get done because I won't be here. He's good at making meals for himself but I felt I should have some things prepped for him, things like a stew with sausage and carrots, poached chicken for tacos. I wrote down the number for our neighborhood restaurant where he could order a burger. I baked blueberry muffins and stashed some in the freezer. I went grocery shopping for all the other stuff he'd need throughout the week.

I cleaned the house earlier this week and cleaned again this afternoon. I left clear instructions for where to pick up our last CSA delivery. He needs to meet up with another neighbor to pick up some meat (we are splitting a fourth of a cow). Goodness. When I planned this trip I had no idea that these deliveries would happen all in the week that I will be away.

I'm listing these things here because doing so helps me see all that I contribute to the household. I feel grateful for all the years of support he provided. But understanding my value has helped our relationship. I can see myself move away from the insecure, needing attention all time person that I was a few years ago. And that is a very good thing.

Have you all seen Downton Abbey? I've watched the first season and it had a tremendously uplifting effect on me. I saw for the first the value of fine, quality service. I take pride in maintaining this home he has provided for us. Living this way is so much easier and I'm glad to be content in this way.

But now that I've had a few minutes to blog and post a photo, I'm feeling a bit sad. It was 11 degrees above zero today. My mother said it's a bit cold in Florida, it's in the 70s. That sounds plenty warm to me.

3 comments:

  1. You do know that the man managed to feed himself before you came along, right? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have seen the first few seasons of Downtown Abby. Very, very well done. The ending to last season was quite a shock, though. I've also enjoyed what I've seen of Game of Thrones, as well as the 8-part series Broadchurch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. trimakasih infonya...
    sangat menarik dan bermanfaat...
    mantap...

    ReplyDelete

Be Nice or Go Away.